Everyone talks about detox, but how many of us actually do it as often as we should?
Here are a few signs that you need to take it more seriously…
- Digestive issues like constipation
- Migraines, headaches
- Hormone imbalances, infertility
- Anxiety, depression, mood swings
- Difficulty concentrating, brain fog
- Diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, autoimmune diseases, or cancer
- Muscle or joint pain
If this sounds like you, then you could most likely benefit from a total-body cleanse. Juice cleanses are very popular for detoxification, but you can also achieve similar results with wholesome foods. Nutrient-rich foods like fresh fruits, vegetables, and high quality animal protein contain vitamins and minerals that can help heal the gut and strengthen your immune system.
Some of the easiest ways to avoid toxins is by following these simple steps…
- Wholesome foods (fruit, vegetables, and high-quality animal protein)
- Organic foods when possible
Avoid or limit:
- Packaged foods
- Toxic foods (alcohol, caffeine, and sugar)
- Inflammatory foods (gluten and dairy)
- GMO foods (corn, soy, and canola oil)
- Fish that are high in mercury (tuna, swordfish, grouper, Atlantic salmon)
Check out my Pinterest board for several detox recipes. You can also try the 21 day sugar detox below… i promise you will feel better 🙂
Talk to you soon!
Read more from Dr. Amy Meyers here…